With the COVID-19 pandemic, getting your flu shot this season is more important than ever to protect yourself, your family and your community from flu. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends it for everyone six months of age and older.
Neighborhood members can get a flu shot with no cost to you at:
- Your provider’s office
- A pharmacy such as Walgreens or CVS
Other ways to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands. Washing with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds is best.
- Continue to social distance. Staying six feet apart while in public can help stop the spread of germs.
- Watch for symptoms. If you have a high fever, chills and a bad cough, call your provider.
- Clean often. Remembering to wipe down areas you use most, like desks, kitchens and bathrooms, helps stop the spread of germs.
- Get rest. Our bodies need sleep. If you are feeling sick, take it slow and spend some time resting.
- Eat healthy foods. Add more fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet.
Talk to your provider if you are not feeling well or have questions about your health.