It’s important to keep your children up-to-date on their important immunizations (shots) and well visits.
We understand you may be worried about bringing your children to their provider’s office right now, but we want families to know that providers are taking extra precautions to keep you and your family safe at your appointment.
Your child’s well visit is important for:
- Getting scheduled immunizations to prevent illnesses like measles and whooping cough (pertussis) and 12 other serious diseases
- Tracking growth and development including milestones, social behaviors and learning
- Talking to your child’s provider about any health concerns or issues
Contact your child’s primary care provider to schedule your child’s well visit and any missed immunizations as soon as possible. Your PCP’s phone number is listed on the front of your member ID card. If you don’t have a PCP, please call Neighborhood Member Services.
Plus! You may be eligible for gift cards for getting your child their recommended immunizations and bringing your child to their well visit. For details, visit the REWARDS page.
For more information on immunizations and well visits, see the resources below:
Rhode Island Department of Health
Download this toolkit to share immunization messages with your community. The toolkit contains materials in English, Spanish and Portuguese:
- Informational flyer
- You can add your organization’s logo on the top right
- Immunization Flyer English
- Immunization Flyer Spanish
- Immunization Flyer Portuguese
- Social media images
- Template email to share with your community
Approved #2978, 7/17/2020